Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Welcome to the Downings' Blog

Well, we did it. We went and had ourselves a child. Now what do we do? Of course we blog about it! This should be a place for you to gather all the latest news about the Downing family of Knoxville, TN. Feel free to stop by, check out pictures and post about the latest baby baths, burps, smiles and gurgles. I'll try to update as often as I can.

Why don't we start out with the reason we're all here. Virginia Burton Downing was born on Friday, August 19th at 5:34 in the afternoon. Here's a picture of her all swaddled up. Whenever I swaddle her we call it the Burton Burrito, for obvious reasons.

BULLETIN!!! Here's our guest holders of the day. Gran and Grandpa Joe got to hold their first grandchild in the hospital the night she was born. How did they rate their experience? "It was better than Cats!"















And here she is giving the old wink out to everyone to thank you for stopping by. Hurry back!

3 comments:

Sally Pace said...

I love her!!! She is one lucky little girl to have such fun parents. Tell Virginia to get ready for me to hold her.

UNCLEJERRY said...

CONGRATS,SO FAR I`VE ONLY SEEN ABOUT 200 PICS BUT ITS ONLY BEEN A WEEK.HOPE ALL IS WELL

De De said...

Way to go Virginia!!! Pops & I love you very much.